Monday, December 28, 2009

Homemade Gifts From the Heart

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! This was a great one for me. I was able to spend time with loved ones, ate tons of delicious food (still nibbling on leftover sweets, I confess), and am still enjoying an extended break from work. What more could a woman ask for?

For the first time this year, I gave homemade gifts to two friends. Every year I read or hear people saying "Homemade gifts mean so much more!" and I always think to myself, "Well I have no talent so who would want anything I could make?" This year though the idea struck me to make small scrapbooks for two of my best friends. These ladies and I used to travel quite a bit together and I had tons of pictures of us over the years. I made each of them an 8x8 scrapbook with pictures of us with some funny stories/inside jokes scribbled inside. They LOVED them! Their reaction was truly priceless and made all of the work worthwhile.

I also was blessed to receive a wonderful homemade gift. My mother-in-law made me a beautiful quilt with my alma mater's colors. She has had a lot going on in her life the past year, including trying to take care of sick family members, so it was very moving to me that she would find the time to make me a quilt.

So, I'm a believer now, homemade gifts do rock!

No comments: