Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Spirit Has Hit Me Like a Semi Truck

The Christmas spirit has hit me big time this year. I’m not sure what caused it. I’m totally not myself this year. Oh, I always like putting up a Christmas tree and maybe baking some cookies-I’m not a total Scrooge-but this year I’ve been on Christmas overdrive. Normally, I just try to hunker down and survive the holidays but this year I’ve embraced the season.

I’ve decorated my office. I made a Christmas mixed cd. I listen to 94.5 Mix Mas in the car.

I used to curse the annoying ringing of the Salvation Army bell rings. Now, I stick money in their pots, smile and say “Merry Christmas!”

I watched Charlie Brown for the first time in years. I watched my favorite Frasier Christmas episode “Merry Christmas, Mrs. Moskowitz” and laughed like it was the first time I’d ever seen it.

I’m giddy with anticipation of getting together with family and friends in the upcoming days.

Am I getting old? Has there been a Grinch on my shoulder the last few seasons? I don’t get but I’m loving it.

No comments: