Friday, September 4, 2009

Recipe Swap-Ramen Noodle Slaw

I'm sharing this recipe as part of Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap. Please check out this great blog!

It's Labor Day weekend and time for one more cookout to close out summer. I wanted to share a new side dish that I tried for my Memorial Day weekend cookout that was a big hit. It's called Ramen Noodle slaw. It's tasty and lighter than traditional slaw. It also does not contain mayo so you don't have to worry about letting it sit out for an extended period. If you grew your own cabbage, you can swap that for the slaw mix and it's a really inexpensive dish. Enjoy! And have a great holiday weekend.

RAMEN COLE SLAW

In Bowl mix:

¾ C. olive oil
½ C. sugar (I use about 8 packs of Splenda)
1/3 C. white vinegar
2 packs of seasoning from Ramen noodles (I use chicken flavored)

In larger bowl mix:
16 OZ bag of cole slaw mix
2 bunches of green onions

In plastic bag mix:

1 C. sunflower seeds (I do not use these but I'm sharing the recipe as given to me)
2 packs of Ramen noodles
Smash up in big until noodles are bite size

15 minutes before serving mix all ingredients in a large bowl.

No comments: