Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Saturday was one of those days when I should have gone to the grocery story but really wanted to stretch it out another day. Using what I had on hand, I could still make Hubby's favorite meal: pinto beans, fried potatoes and corn bread. My sweet tooth was a callin' so I tried to think of things I could make with very few ingredients. That's when it hit me: flourless peanut butter cookies.

The first time I heard of this recipe was at a Pampered Chef party. I never tried it. A few weeks ago, my elderly great aunt mentioned to my mother that you only need 3 things to make peanut butter cookies: peanut butter, an egg and sugar. (This is also the aunt who supplied the fab apple dumpling recipe, by the way.) Using the power of google, I found that there are lots of people making their cookies this way. It's so simple.

You need: one cup of peanut butter, one cup of sugar and an egg.

That's it! Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients until well blended. Drop by teaspoon fulls onto a baking sheet. I used parchment paper. Take a fork and flatten the cookies out. Bake for about 8 minutes. It makes a very chewy and delicious cookie. It's just as easy as using store bought dough and there's no flour!

No comments: