Friday, January 9, 2009

Mexican Corn and Black Bean Dip

I'm sharing this recipe as part of the Grocery Cart Challenge's Recipe Swap. Check it out here and prepare for your tummy to growl :)

I love dips. This recipe was given to me by my friend Anita. She and I can put away a LOT of this dip. I plan to make it for Super Bowl this year. I saw it recently in a church cookbook called "Ugly Dip". How insulting!

Mexican Corn and Black Bean Dip

2 8oz bags of Mexican Shredded Cheese
1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
2 cans of corn (drained)
1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
8 oz sour cream
1 and 1/2 cups of mayo

Mix it all up and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips or Scoops.

Tip: Lighten it up by using reduced fat cheese and sour cream. And I use Miracle Whip rather than mayo.

No comments: