Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I Loves Me Spinach

I'm sort of hooked on spinach right now.

I've been trying to eat healthier and it's hard for me to come up with a lot of veggies that I like. And let's face it, when you are trying to eat healthier veggies are pretty key to your plan no matter what it is. I have always liked spinach so I bought a bag this past week at Kroger. The brand name of it was Peak (it was the same price as the Kroger brand) and it is great quality. I didn't find one bad leaf in it.

My spinach adventures so far:

Sunday- Tuna salad spinach wrap
Monday- Spinach salad with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
Wednesday- Cooked spinach with a little chicken broth and a sprinkle of nutmeg

The cooked version was so good that I made more to take along as part of my lunch tomorrow.

Popeye would be proud.

No comments: