Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Aunt Beeb's Chess Bars

I had never eaten a chess bar until I married my husband. His aunt's chess bars are a holiday tradition. I've never made them and I'm not sure why since they are so out of this world tasty. Yesterday, one of my co-workers was lamenting that she wanted to make these for a Halloween party but could not find her recipe. Luckily, I had Aunt Beeb's so I was able to hook her up. And she's almost 100% sure this one is the same as hers. I guess great cooks cook alike!

Chess Bars
Crust:
1 Box of yellow cake mix
1 stick of real butter
1 egg


Mix the above ingredients until crumble. Press into a greased, floured 13 x 9 pan.

Then mix:
8 oz cream cheese
2 eggs
1 pound box of powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla.

Pour over crust and bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: