Last night, I made Mr. Food's Chili Beef Soup. I tried taking pictures but my food photography is not much particularly in the soup area. It was tasty though.
Chili Beef Soup
1/2 pound ground beef
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
1-1/2 cups water
1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
1 (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chili powder
In a soup pot, brown ground beef and onion over medium heat 5 to 7 minutes. Add remaining ingredients; mix thoroughly.
Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
That's how Mr. Food does it. I totally did not follow.
1) I sprinkled the ground beef with onion powder while it browned rather than using an onion.
2) I omitted the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. In place of those items, I used tomato juice.
3) I used leftover pinto beans (rinsed) instead of kidney beans.
4) In addition to chili powder, I also used cumin.
5) Topped it off with a little sour cream and shredded cheese.
I served with leftover corn bread.
3 years ago