Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sweet Deals at CVS

I went to CVS today armed with coupons and Extra Care Bucks (ECBs). Here’s what I got:
4 boxes of Kleenex, buy one get one free for $1.29. I had a coupon for 50 cents off any three so my total out of pocket was $2.08 for four boxes.

Dawn dishwashing liquid was 88 cents. I had a coupon for 50 cents so total out of pocket was 38 cents.

Package of CVS pantyliners for 99 cents. I had a coupon for $1.50 off any CVS feminine product so this was free plus 51 cents overage.

Oral B toothbrush for $2.49. I had a $1 coupon so out of pocket was $1.49.

Crest toothpaste was $2.49. I had a 75 cent coupon so I spent 1.74.

Colgate was on sale for $2.99 and offered a $2 ECB so I bought of box of it too.

I had $5.99 in ECBs so I could have stopped here and got all of this for $2.18.

However, the ‘buy ten dollars worth of candy and get five dollars in ECBs’ deal was still going so I bought a little over $12 of candy for the office. So, I spent $14.74 out of pocket, got $10 worth of ECBs (candy, Colgate, Crest and Oral B), plus a coupon for free CVS mouthwash plus an ‘update your email address for a $4 off a $20 purchase coupon’.

I think it was a very worthwhile trip!

No comments: