Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekend Update

I love weekends and long weekends are even more to love. I started mine a bit early by taking the afternoon off from work. I hit the Memorial Day sale at Kohl’s armed with an extra 15% off coupon. I picked up several things then went home to pamper myself for my girls night out to the movies.

I am a Sex and the City junkie so I was very excited for the opening of the second movie. It didn’t disappoint. I realize it won’t win any Oscars but it was fun and it was good to “catch up with the girls”. Neither of the movies are as good as the show but hey, it was still good fun. And I wore my high heels.

Saturday night, my almost 6 year old niece spent the night. We planted flowers and watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. On Sunday, we went back to Kohl’s and I taught her to look for yellow clearance tags. She was pretty proud to find an outfit on the clearance rack in her size that she liked. Since I was the one paying, I was excited too! Then, we went to TJ Maxx where I found KATE SPADE flip flops for $20!!!!!!!!!!!! My summer is set now.

Monday, I visited my folks while my hubby golfed. We grilled burgers and dogs and I took them some of the sugar cream pie that I’d made Saturday-recipe to come.
All in all, a good weekend. But as I sit here on my lunch break, I’m already counting down to the next one.

No comments: