Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer is Here (Almost)

I’ve really struggled with eating well the past two weeks. I’ve maintained my weight loss; I’m hovering around my goal of a 16lb drop at about the 15.2 mark. But I’ve not been eating the kind of healthy whole foods that I want to eat.

I’ve realized that if I don’t plan out meals, buy the groceries for said meals and prepare them that I am destined to not fare well. And it’s really hard to do that when you have a lot going on in your life. This past week I went to Zumba class with a friend one evening and took a golf lesson one evening. I’m also trying to do the Couch to 5K plan which means I need to run 3 days a week. I did a 5K on Saturday. With all of these things going on, it was hard to set aside time to grocery shop. And when I did shop, it was a slap dash through the store picking up the basics and not being too creative with meal plans.

I have to do better. Summer is basically here and that means grilling out and lots of fresh veggies. There’s no excuse to eat a crappy lunch when there are much healthier and fresher alternatives.

So, I’m getting back on track with better eating.

Cheers to Summer!

No comments: