Wednesday, May 26, 2010

New Place to Shop

Last week, Meijer opened in my town. Yay!

Our grocery choices are Kroger, Wal-Mart and EW James. I shop at Kroger because I hate Wal-Mart and I've just never tried EW James. It replaced Winn Dixie which I never cared for so maybe I've unfairly ignored it.

People were anxious for the new store to open and the crowds have been fierce. What has surprised me is how negative some people have been toward trying a new store. Apparently, some people love Wal-Mart as much as I hate it.

I've heard a couple of people say they don't plain to shop there because WM is so much cheaper. I'm not seeing it but maybe they buy different stuff than I do. People have complained about the layout. Yes, it unfamiliar but not that hard to learn. If you don't frequent a place, you don't immediately know the layout. I wouldn't know where to find canned tomatoes at EW James for example, because I don't ever go in there. That doesn't mean it's a stupid layout. Today, a man yelled out in the frozen juice aisle, "Can you believe how they have the juice organized? This isn't right at all!" I don't buy frozen juice so I'm not sure how it should look but I didn't see anything too crazy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has a right to shop where they want. But it sort of peeves me to hear so many people complaining that something is "different". Different isn't always bad, folks.

No comments: