Sunday, April 11, 2010

Spring Fever

The past two weekends have been gorgeous here in Kentucky!

Last weekend (Easter weekend), my hubby and I visited his family in eastern Kentucky. My parents came too and it was wonderful to have everyone together. We rode ATVs up in the mountains, grilled burgers and hot dogs, ate too much candy and just enjoyed being together. I came to work on Monday refreshed and relaxed after a good dose of mountain air and front porch sittin'.

The high didn't last long as a hectic work week found me working late several nights. I was also heartbroken by the West Virginia mine tragedy.

This weekend has been another wonderful one with sunshine and good times. Saturday morning, I did a 5K walk. Later that evening, my husband's family came over and we grilled out again. We were celebrating my father in law's birthday early so we kicked it up a notch and had steak and ribs. It was a tasty meal and the weather was perfect. My niece even got to fly her new Spongebob kite that I bought her at Dollar Tree. Talk about cheap entertainment!

I'm hoping this week will be calmer. April the 15th hits us this week which means a) I have to send a rather large check to the IRS and b) I'll reveal how well I did (or didn't do) with my resolution to lose 15lbs by April 15th. Stay tuned!

No comments: