Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Sunday Is Here

I grew up in a family where the Daytona 500 was THE sporting event of the year. I married a NFL fan and now Super Bowl has become a holiday of sorts. We don't have room to host a huge party so we usually only have a handful of people over for the game. Every year, I start making wild plans about the array of food that I'll serve. And every year, Mother Nature rears her head and makes that "Wa-haa" sound that the bullying kid on The Simpsons makes.

Last year, it was an ice storm that left us with no power for four days. Since we had to replace most everything in the refrigerator, it was hard to justify buying a lot of food to serve for one night. This year, we were under a winter storm watch. Thankfully, the snow didn't come but it was hard to plan on inviting anyone since we had no idea what we were facing.

So, it will probably be only us and one-possibly two-other couples. Hubby suggested ordering pizza but we finally settled on making chili. I'm also doing a veggie tray, probably some chips and store bought dip and Hubby's favorite dessert-Paula Deen's Lemon Blossoms.

Unfortunately, I have a meeting at 8 AM tomorrow so I can't party too hardy. Still, I'm excited for game night and enjoy this new "holiday" that my hubby has introduced me to!

No comments: