Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Fly Baby Takes Wing!

The disorder in my house is killing me. I have decided to do something about it. I’m starting the Fly Lady program. (You can read about Fly Lady here or here). I visited her website in the past and did complete her first task which is shining your sink. Let me tell you, it is well worth your time to follow her tips for a shiny sink. But that’s kind of where I quit.

I’m not a great housekeeper. And neither is my hubby. We’re messy. We’re unorganized. We lose things like clothes and bills and receipts. I’ve decided it’s time to stop.

Before you get the wrong idea, we’re not slobs. We take out the trash. I wash dishes and wipe down the counter every night. The cat box is always fresh. The bathrooms are sanitary. The refrigerator is full but it’s not full of moldy food. We sweep and dust every week (almost). But when we invite people over, I go into panic mode and drive myself crazy trying to get the house perfect. And I get frustrated on a daily basis when I can’t find something or when things are a mess.

So with Flylady’s help, I’m going to change. I’m not following the plan to the tee. From what I’ve read so far, it seems based towards stay at home moms and I’m not part of that crowd. But I will adapt it to suit my life and I will get myself in order.

And you’ll get to hear about it. I know you can’t wait, ha!

1 comment:

phx said...

lol the first time I tried fly lady that's as far as I got, too! maybe i'll give it another go. i'm interested to see how it works for you!