Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My CVS Misadventures

I went to CVS yesterday with $9.99 in ECBs and high hopes. I wanted to do the medicine deal that was advertised. You buy $20 worth of selected products and receive $10 in ECBs. My dad takes a daily aspirin since his heart attack and the brand he uses was one of the featured products. Lo and behold, on Sunday there were coupons for the aspirin as well as variety of Tylenol and other medicine products. So, I wanted to buy the aspirin, Tylenol and Mylanta (filler). I would use $3.50 in coupons, my ECBs and be out of pocket very little for the medicine and score $10 in ECBs. Plus I could do something nice for my parents by giving them the aspirin and Tylenol.

Of course, it didn't work out that. The aspirin was not in stock at least not in the size I needed to do the deal. Since that was the main product I wanted I didn't want to waste money on buying up Tylenol or Mylanta that I really didn't need. My parents do use Tylenol but it was not needed as much as the aspirin.

Instead I bought the Always Infinity pads for $4.98 and Herbal Essence shampoo for $2.88. I had a $2 coupon for the shampoo. I used some of my ECBs and ended up paying $1.04 out of pocket and scoring $4.98 in ECBs. I have put the shampoo in my bag of stuff to give away.

I scanned my card at the scanner thingy and got $1 ECB for my summer spending, and a $5 off $25 coupon. So, I guess even if things didn't go as planned, I still did ok.

No comments: