Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Collard Green Pizza ?!

I had breakfast with a colleague this morning and the topic of cooking came up. She mentioned a recipe for Collard Green Pizza. I was intrigued.

"What kind of sauce does it have?" I asked. She told me it had a cream cheese mixture in place of the sauce. It sounded...interesting. She attributed the recipe to Paula Deen but I could not find it attached to her name anywhere online. I did find a recipe on CD Kitchen that sounds similiar.
EDITED: Ok, I guess I'm blind. I did find this on Food Network's site as a Paula recipe. It's the same one as below. See it here.
I'm not sure that I will try to make this one but I would sure love a sample.

Collard Green Pizza

1 ball (1 lb size) store bought pizza dough
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup marinara sauce PLUS
1/4 cup marinara sauce, divided
1/2 cup cooked collard greens, drained
1 large ham hock, cooked and meat removed
4 slices bacon, cut into large pieces
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese




Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Stretch dough and press into an 8-inch pizza pan.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise and 1/2 cup marinara sauce. Coat the pizza dough with the mixture. Top with drained greens, ham hock meat, and bacon. Cover with cheese and remaining 1/4 cup marinara sauce.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.

Slice and serve warm.

1 comment:

Cant Hardly Wait said...

totally sounds like a southern pizza. good stuff.