Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Super Easy Summer Slaw

There comes a point in the summer when the old standbys we love so much on the side with our burgers and dogs become a little less exciting. As much as I love baked beans, potato salad, and coleslaw, after a few weekend cookouts I’m ready for a change. This slaw recipe was passed on to me from a friend and I’ve tweaked it to my liking. She serves it with grilled chicken mixed in as a main course; I leave the chicken out for a tasty spin on an old favorite. Enjoy!

1 package of broccoli slaw*
1 8oz can of pineapple tidbits, drained
1 red bell pepper, chopped or “slivered”
½ cup Kraft Creamy Poppy Seed dressing (more or less to your liking)

Mix all ingredients and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving. It’s actually best to make it the night before so the dressing really soaks in. You can jazz it up even more by adding some almond slices or slivers.

*You can find broccoli slaw in the produce section alongside bagged salad and traditional cabbage slaw mixes.

No comments: