Monday, February 15, 2010

Chocolate Lava Cakes: Link is NOW working

I've seen Chocolate Lava Cakes (also known as Molten Chocolate Cakes) in several magazines but never tried them. I decided to take the plunge this year for Valentine's Day. I just googled "Chocolate Molten Cakes for Two" and found this recipe. It's super easy and the cakes are oh-so-good. They look very fancy and would make an impressive dessert for guests. You can buy mixes now for lava cake but I'm not sure why you would want to since this recipe is so simple. I cut this recipe in half and it was fine. I also took the author's suggestions and dusted my ramekins with cocoa instead of flour.

PS. I found adorable ramekins at TJ Maxx for under $4 for a set of 4. And it says they are safe for "oven, microwave, dishwasher and blow torch". Ha!

Recipe is here.

No comments: