Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Good Memories of a "Bad" Food or How to Make Your Own Hamburger Helper

Flavor of Kentucky has a blog post today about the increased popularity of Hamburger Helper during these tough economic times.

I confess I used to love Hamburger Helper. It was one of the first "meals" I ever made growing up. When I was a teenager, I would make a box of this, heat up some rolls and maybe nuke some frozen peas and have dinner ready for my mom when she got home from work. (Dad always worked second shift and missed out on dinner.) I also made Hamburger Helper and its Chicken and Tuna siblings when I lived on my own. One skillet could stretch into a few meals for me.

Now, I can't remember the last time I made it. My husband doesn't like it and I just haven't been inclined to make any. Plus, it's full of sodium and not exactly the healthiest food going. But to be honest, now that it's on my mind, nothing sounds better than a big skillet of Cheeseburger Macaroni.

If you'd like to try your own Helper mix, check out the Flavor of Kentucky post here.

No comments: