Thursday, June 4, 2009

Recipe Swap: Light Chocolate Mousse

For this week's recipe swap hosted by Grocery Cart Challenge, I'm offering a repeat recipe. It's a repeat in two ways actually. First, I posted it on my blog last year. Two, once again it's a Patti LaBelle recipe from Patti LaBelle's Lite Cusine. I'm not repeating because I'm lazy but rather because I've been making this recipe lately as a cool summer treat and it rocks! Also, I received favorable comments on my last low fat recipe so I wanted to offer up another one that is tried and true. If you're the only person in the house watching calories, don't worry. No one would ever guess this is low fat!

Chocolate Mousse

1 1/2 cup fat free half and half
1 small box of sugar free chocolate pudding
1 container fat free frozen whipped topping

Whisk together half and half and pudding mix until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped topping reserving about a quarter cup for topping. Gently stir until well blended. Divide into 4 dessert bowls and chill for at least 20 minutes before serving. Top with a dollop of whipped topping before serving.

Makes 4 large servings with only 70 calories each!

No comments: