Monday, June 1, 2009

Because I'm a such a dork...

I'm starting a spreadsheet to keep up with my coupon savings. I can't help it. I'm an accountant. It's not enough for me to think I'm saving money with coupons. I have to KNOW how much money I'm saving.

I'm sort of addicted to spreadsheets, I guess. I keep one of our bills each month so that I remember to pay them and since I pay them online to record all of the reference/confirmation numbers and the date they were paid. You know, in case, there's a problem. And it actually came in useful once when the cable bill didn't post properly. "But I have my confirmation number!" I was able to say.

I also have a spreadsheet list of our guests for a cookout we're hosting this weekend where I've tried to estimate who will actually come, how much they will drink and where they stand on the burger versus dog issue.

Yeah, I'm a dork. Do people still say dork? Or am I even dorkier by saying dork?

No comments: