Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Bark

I’m trying to get back in the holiday swing by making some goodies yesterday. I made my Festive Fudge and also a new recipe (at least new for me) Christmas Bark. It was simple and it tastes a lot like a favorite treat of mine: a Heath bar!

Christmas Bark
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
12 oz chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet (with edges) with parchment paper. Spread saltines on the paper to form a layer. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar. Cook for three minutes, stirring constantly. Pour butter/sugar mixture over crackers spreading evenly. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. When chips start to melt, spread evenly over the crackers to form a smooth chocolate layer. Refrigerate for one hour. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container in the fridge.

Can also top with nuts after spreading the chocolate but I did not since Hubby is not a nut fan and so many people are allergic these days.

I’m sharing this as part of the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap although I’m a little late.

1 comment:

Cant Hardly Wait said...

That sounds so yummy! I am totally going to try that.