Sunday, October 26, 2008

Do you remember Mr. Food?

Or did you ever know him to begin with?

Mr. Food was a segment on my local television station years ago. I suppose he was a syndicated clip that they stuck in the newscast sort of like the Bloomberg Business Report. Mr. Food was give food tips or he would slapdash through a recipe in like 40 seconds. At the end of the segment, he would say "Ooh, it's so good!"

I remember using Mr. Food's chicken pot pie recipe to make a pot pie for work. A pie that prompted one of my co-workers to ask (jokingly): "If I left my wife for you, would you make this pie for me every day?"

For some reason, I thought Mr. Food had passed away. Gone to that great kitchen in the sky. But apparently he is still alive and well and still has a website here. My mom found his site and has been cooking his stuff left and right. I plan to make one of his recipes later in the week, possibly tomorrow for dinner and I'll post my review.

Oh, and I will try to find the marriage proposal chicken pot pie as well!

No comments: