Monday, August 11, 2008

Not Your Regular Nachos

If you love nachos but don't love the fat and calories in them here's a healthier swap for the chips: potatoes!



Here's how:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Wash and pat dry one medium potato per person.
Thinly slice potatoes with skins on (can peel if you prefer).
Spread slices out on a oil sprayed cookie sheet.
Drizzle a little olive oil over the potato slices and toss to coat. Salt.
Bake for about 15 minutes, turning once to brown on both sides. Remove when potato slices are golden brown.
Top with your favorite nacho toppings. I like leftover chili, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa and jalapenos.

One medium potato has only 100 calories, NO fat, and 3 grams of fiber. Much better for you than greasy chips. Ole!

5 comments:

Rebekah said...

That sounds delicious! Great idea!

Sonshine said...

Yummy!! Might have to give that a try for something different. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Laura said...

Yum! I make "taco potatoes" often by just putting the taco fixings onto a baked potato, but I like this idea a lot too! I bet my family would love it!

Kirstin said...

Yum,that sounds really good!

phx said...

YUM!! Wow, I have to try that. I LOVE potatoes!!! :D